• 700 - 800 g rice noodles/vermicelli
*Cooking instructions on packet
• 500g lean minced pork
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 2 tsp Chinese black vinegar
• 1 tsp brown sugar
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 garlic cloves , minced
• 1 1/2 tsp ginger , minced or finely chopped
• 1/2 purple onion , finely chopped
• 2 cucumbers , julienned
• Lainey’s Chilli Oil
• Coriander / cilantro leaves
1. Mix sauce and marinade meat together.
2. Prepare noodles according to packet directions. Set a side
3. Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add onions and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute or until onion is translucent.
4. Add pork and cook, breaking it up as you go, until browned.
5. Keep cooking for for 3 - 5 minutes, or until most of the sauce has reduced.
6. Divide noodles between bowls. Top with pork, coriander and fresh cucumbers on the side.
7. To eat, mix up the noodles and pork. Don't hold back on the chilli oil! It’s excellent with this dish!