Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
3 medium eggplants, cut into quarters lengthways
300g enoki mushrooms, washed and ends chopped off
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
6 cm piece ginger, grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp Lainey’s chilli oil (Vegan)
1/2 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp sesame seeds, for garnish
1/2 bunch coriander, for garnish
Jasmine rice (follow packet for cooking instructions), to serve
1. Using a steamer, steam the aubergine for 10 minutes or until the flesh softens. Whilst steaming, make the firecracker sauce, as per below.
2. Place a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add grapeseed oil and sesame oil and let it heat together for 10 seconds.
3. Next add the grated ginger, then garlic and sauté until the garlic is golden brown. Then add Lainey’s chilli oil (Vegan) or original for the extra umami flavours. Stir it well and turn the heat down to low.
4. Next add the steamed aubergine and enoki mushrooms. Gently stir it, allowing the enoki to become immersed in the chilli oil for 2 minutes.
5. In a separate bowl, add the tahini, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and brown sugar. Give it all a good stir. Then pour it over the aubergine and mushrooms, cook for another 3 minutes, until well combined.
6. Remove it from the heat and add the chopped spring onions.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds and coriander.
Serving suggestion: Serve with steamed jasmine rice.